Not a word with him but a jest.
And every jest but a word.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

My Perfect School

My Perfect School currently consists of but a few simple rules:

1) the administrators must teach at least one class period. Not subbing, but teaching - lesson planning, grading, calling parents, holding parent/teacher conferences, buying their own stapler...the works.
2) the teachers must be there because they like to teach students, not because they need a paycheck until they retire.
3) the students must sign a contract that indicates they want to be there and if they don't meet criteria in attendance and effort, they can be unenrolled.

I may add more as I implement My Perfect School in the future. Honestly, if we just had item #1, we'd see lots of changes, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment